Primary Lesson 5 for Nursery:
Jesus Christ Showed Us How to Love Others
Jesus Christ set a perfect example of kindness and love. Throughout His earthly ministry, Jesus showed His love for others by blessing and serving the poor, the sick, and the distressed. He told His disciples, "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."
Preparation for Primary Lesson 5
Scripture for Primary Lesson 5
Open the Bible to John 15:12 and read, "Love one another."
In the scriptures Jesus taught us to love one another. Jesus is telling us to love one another.
Song for Primary Lesson 5
When Jesus Christ lived on earth, He taught us to love others; He showed us how by the things He did.
Sing or say the chorus of and do the actions for the song, "I'm Trying to Be like Jesus" (CS, 78)
Love one another as Jesus loves you. (hug self and turn from side to side)
Try to show kindness in all that you do. (nod head up and down)
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought, (hug self and turn from side to side)
For these are the things Jesus taught. (nod head up and down)
Scripture Stories for Primary Lesson 5
- show your child the Bible. This book is called scriptures. In the scriptures we learn how Jesus showed love.
- Story 1 (show the illustration on page 27) Many people had come to hear Jesus teach. They were there a long time and got very hungry (have the your child pretend to be hungry). There was only a little bread and fish to feed all of the people. Jesus blessed the food and told His disciples to give it to the people. Everyone had enough to eat, and there was a lot of food left over (have your child pretend to eat. see Matthew 14:13-21.) Jesus Christ showed us how to love others. Say with me, "Jesus showed us how to love others," a few words at a time. Help your child color the illustration on page 27.
- Story 2 (show the picture on page 26) One day Jesus saw a man who was blind - he could not see (have your child cover his eyes). Jesus blessed the man so he could see (have your child uncover his eyes). Have your child say with you, "Jesus showed us how to love others."
- Story 3 (show the picture on page 22) After Jesus was resurrected, He visited the Nephites. Because He loved the children, He blessed each one of them. (see 3 Nephi 17:21-24.)
Say with me, "Jesus showed us how to love others."
Song for Primary Lesson 5
Sing or say the words and do the actions for the song, "Jesus Said Love Everyone", (CS, 61).
Jesus said love everyone; (spread arms out wide)
Treat them kindly too. (nod head up and down)
When your heart is filled with love, (put hand over heart)
Others will love you. (hug self)
Conclusion to Primary Lesson 5
We can love others as Jesus did.
Primary Lesson Activity
Puzzle - Using a picture of the Savior, find a piece of paper the same size as the picture and cut the paper into three or four pieces to make a puzzle. Inside a heart on the back of each piece write "I Will Love Others." Cover the picture of Jesus with the puzzle pieces. Ask your child to choose a piece. Read the phrase on the piece and have your child repeat it. Discuss one way we can love others (say thank you, share, do what Mother or Father ask, put toys away, and so on). Repeat with each piece until the picture is completely uncovered.
- Teaching Tips
- Family Home Evening Binder
- Primary Lessons 1-10
- I Am a Child of God
- Heavenly Father Has a Plan for Me
- I Can Pray to Heavenly Father
- Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Love Me
- Jesus Christ Showed Us How to Love Others
- The Holy Ghost Helps Me
- Jesus Christ Created the World for Me
- Sunday is a Day to Remember Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
- I Have a Body like Heavenly Father
- I Will Take Care of My Body
- Primary Lessons 11-20
- Primary Lessons 21-30
- Joseph Smith Saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
- The Book of Mormon Teaches Me about Jesus Christ
- I Love the Scriptures
- I Will Follow the Prophet
- I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- I Will Be Baptized and Confirmed
- The Sacrament Helps Me Think about Jesus Christ
- Heavenly Father Blesses Me through the Priesthood
- Jesus Christ Was Resurrected
- Jesus Christ Is the Son of Heavenly Father